Sunday, December 19, 2010

A slight of hand, a bow of applause

5th row seats to the Nutcracker.
"Dear God, please keep me safe on this rainy day....and not run out of gas"
Running empty.
theater screen
UCLA's Royce Hall
Intensive detailing on the ceiling of UCLA's Royce Hall
The Nutcracker (Jordan Veit) and Clara (Helena Thordal-Christensen)

A city of lights beyond the view.
Truffles, pinot grigio, and ABC family's christmas Re-runs to end the day.


The ballet is one of the few places where it is acceptable to wear an embellished tulle skirt and white tights without looking childish or faux pas. On Saturday, I went with a friend to The Los Angeles Ballet's performance of The Nutcracker and the production was inspiring to say the least. The beautifully crafted peplum dresses in the first act were so detailed, it left me crouching over my seat to get a better view and the costuming was so appropriate that I let out a little gasp when I saw that Clara had on a traditional slip underneath her white dress. The Nutcracker is a tradition that I hold dearly to my heart and every year, I would leave the theater with a smile and good cheer to last me over the holidays.

Danny

No comments:

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews